Sunday 28 December 2008

Naked Lunch - Cool Air - Laughing Drunk - Gig Tickets

Will publish 2 poems soon, but not sure about them. Just rushed words, which is all I seems to do with poems these days.

Listening to Ladytron, cool electro-rock band from Liverpool.

Reading Naked Lunch by Burroughs. Also got The Dharma Bums by Kerouac, and The Gum Thief by Coupland.

Getting my reading going again; poems are my enemy. Need to attempt fiction, will unlock that door tonight - will overdose on caffine (after football on tv).

Christmas was good, no family problems after it exploded a couple of days before. Like a kind of eruption that coolled down in the winter air. Xmas eve was legendary, I got drunk with 2 friends, and had to meet my family at the church. I showed up at the church drunk, looking round in the aisle for them, and they were stood right next to me saying sit down. I kept getting funny looks off people, but I just joked around with my sister. Had to run back to my friends at the pub, laughing my head off.

Got tickets to see Bob Dylan in May. Got tickets to see Frank Turner in 3 weeks.

"They only want you when you're seventeen, when you're twenty-one, you're no fun." - That's Ladytron, I remember that line. It's from like 6 years ago.

No comments: