Saturday 1 November 2008

Worse Halloween - And a Funeral

That was the shittest Halloween ever. With no costume, I had a half-assed zombie make-up thing put together within 2 minutes before leaving for a night in town that lasted a total of .... 2 and a half hours. I didn't go on the tour with the others, so 3 of us in costume walking around town while drunken criminals in old-man pubs got all rowdy and we looked for anyone else in costume. We found a place. Not only had it gotten shit in there, when the others came back we left for a club that was £8, so I didn't go in. 3 of us went home. I left my coat in the flat in town and it was £15 in the cab.

On the same day I buried my dad. Me and my brother carried it (along with our 2 half brothers). We didn't expect it to be that heavy. It made me sick. It was a Catholic funeral because my dad was Catholic, so me and my brother didn't know what we were doing. When we got to the cemetary we carried it to the hole and we had to lower it into the ground. Threw in soil. Threw in a flower. Family members I've never seen before began crying. My little sister was crying. I felt myself wanting to cry but I fought it back, couldn't be having that. But I have to say, as much as I hated him, it's the saddest and most difficult thing I've ever done.

No comments: