Friday 7 August 2009

Metallica And A Cup Of Tea - And Poets

Heavy metal helps to get you in the mood for writing. Or that, it helps when your pissed off.. either way, I had Metallica on loud (with a cup of tea, lol) and I was reading some poems and sorting out the poets and authors I read.

I reaslise I am a fan of Plath and Bukowski. Also the beat poets. Two French poets. And some who are still alive. They are (other than the French ones) pretty much American and British.

Poets: Sylvia Plath, charles Bukowski, Allen Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac, William s Burroughs, Philip Larkin, Dylan Thomas, Arthur Rimbaud, Guillaume Appolinaire, Frank O'Hara, Brion Gysin, Heathcote Williams, John Sinclair, Ted Berrigan, John Giorno, Harris Schiff, D.H. Lawrence, Wilfred Own, Siegried Sassoon.

I finished my story called 'Spider.' It's weird but interesting, and kinda crappy since it seems kind of rushed, which is the reason I'd be crap writing a novel, I'd just lose all patience and write the end.

I'm going to write some poems now. What I think is good I will post on here. I start my Masters at University next month, so I need all the practise I can get. I don't know how good I am, but I want to be better.

No comments: